Home  |   County Data  |   Maps  |   Weather  |   Road Conditions 


Search web
Search Kerr



 Facility use policy
 Public Records
 Site Statistics


Kerr County Veterans Service Office


Veterans Service Officer

Marty Mistretta
U.S. AirForce Reserves

Assistant Veteran Services Officer
Jennifer Sanchez
U.S. AirForce Retired


700 E. Main Street, Suite #118
Kerrville, Texas 78028

Phone: (830) 792-2203
Fax: (830) 792-2204

email: veterans@co.kerr.tx.us

Office Hours

Office Hours by appointment only EFFECTIVE 13 March 2020
FridayClosed for Administrative Purposes


The Kerr County Veterans Service Officer is responsible for assisting Armed Forces Veterans and their dependants who reside in Kerr County of the legal Benefits available to them under U. S. Federal and State laws. The Veterans Service Officer reports to the Commissioners Court, and performs duties under the technical Guidelines established by the Texas Veterans Commission and Federal Law under C.F.R. 38. There is no charge for our services.

This office does not adjudicate claims.

Public Invited To Memorial Day Observance

New Procedures for Veteran Service Office Appointments

Kerr County Veteran Service Office (VSO) is committed to your health and safety during the COVID Pandemic.

We provide the same professional services over the phone as we do in person. Save time by scheduling a phone appointment. *Appointments have priority and we cannot guarantee you will be seen if you do not have a scheduled appointment. Please be advised that we are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and you may receive a faster response by sending an email to veterans@co.kerr.tx.us

Items Needed for a Strong VA Claim: *Current medical diagnosis from: Doctor, MD, Surgeon, PCP, Psychologist, etc. *Chronic condition: defined as persisting, long term or recurring.* Link back to active duty service.

CHECKLIST TO FILE A CLAIM: Claim for disability benefits (Compensation) 1. Copy of DD-214 (Member 4 Copy) 2. Copy of Service Medical Record/Service Treatment Record (if available) 3. Copy of any private medical records (if any outside care completed)

Claim for disability pension (Pension) 1. Copy of DD-214 2. All necessary income and asset information (for all members of a household) 3. If under 65, any military, VA, SSA, or private records showing disability or inability to work.

Claim for Special Monthly Compensation/Pension (SMC/SMP) Healthcare provider is required to complete VA Form 21-2680 to submit with application to show a need for assistance with activities of daily living (ADL's).

Some of the Programs I can assist you with include:

  • Service Connected Compensation
  • Non-Service Connected Pension
  • Widows Benefits
  • Burial Benefits
  • Education Benefits
  • Obtaining Military Records
  • Hospital / Outpatient Benefits
  • Other Local Assistance Information

  • Property tax exemptions for Service Connected Disabled Veterans
  • Applying for special license plates
  • Obtaining Certificate of Eligibility for Home Loan
  • Requesting & Registering DD-214 or other Discharge Documents

  Home  |   County Data  |   Maps  |   Weather  |   Road Conditions 

For web site related problems and suggestions e-mail the webmaster